Thursday, January 31, 2008

Cold and Windy

I don't know what it's like in the rest of the world (other than the worst winter weather ever in China) but it's really cold here. I've been putting my scarves up over the top of my head to keep my ears and face from freezing, which means I look like an old-fashioned prairie woman but, hey, I'm warm. I think I've decided that the women of the past must have been much more practical than women today... probably people in general. The more 'old-fashioned' I dress the more comfortable I am, whether that be temperature or not needing to worry about necklines, hemlines, or static.

My advice to all women: wear floor length skirts; yes, in the winter; yes, outside. Wear a heavy over-skirt (corduroy or the like) and then put one of those summer peasant skirts underneath (yes, like a petticoat). It's soooo warm. Not to mention more doors get opened for you :) People seem to think pants are warmer than skirts. In my experience, this is not true. You simply have to wear the right kind of skirt. Also, find a floor vent and stand on it. It'll warm up your skirt and when you sit down it's like having a blanket straight from the dryer wrapped around you.

No comments: