Friday, May 16, 2008

Lonely

I miss my husband. He's gone for the weekend on some Survival trip that's not supposed to kill him *rolls eyes, right, and his wife's not supposed to worry *sigh. Men have no concept of women at all. He's my very best friend and I'd worry even if he was going on a roller-coaster with full safety marks. He was in the worst mood I've ever seen him in this morning and admitted to being rather nervous. Well, duh, I'd be nervous, too.

It didn't hit me until mid-afternoon (he left at 1) that I'd be alone tonight. No one to cook for, no one to play games with and laugh with over the dumb stuff. It was very saddening. I thought about finding someone to hang out with but decided that loneliness might teach me something now that it doesn't completely depress me. We'll see how many pages of story and thought I crank out this weekend...

3 comments:

paul said...

The good news is the bad news. It gets easier over time.

Anonymous said...

Aw, cheer up Jen he's home right now.

Jenlyn said...

:p Yeah, he is, you should have seen him when he got here. I didn't get a picture but he was covered in a layer of grim. He still has a beat up ear (he hit it with a stick) and a lovely slash across his neck (he clothes-lined himself *rolls eyes). But he is indeed in one piece and I am happy about that. See you Friday!